There’s a frostbite advisory Wednesday, but better days are ahead.
File / Postmedia
OK, there may have been a wind chill feels like reading of -32 when you woke up Wednesday.And Ottawa Public Health says there’s a risk of frostbite “for the foreseeable future.”And the forecast is for a 60 per cent chance of light snow Wednesday afternoon. And Wednesday evening.But really, the weather’s looking kind of positive for the rest of the week.Eleven full hours of daylight starting Wednesday! Of course this will also be the coldest night of the year. You win some, and …— Tom Spears (@TomSpears1) February 27, 2019Wednesday night’s low is forecast at -17 C.And the snow is not expected to leave an appreciable accumulation. (But things change in the capital.)And Thursday is expected to be sunny! With a high of -4 C (albeit with a wind chill of -19 in the morning, with the wind calming down in the afternoon.)Thursday night is expected to be cloudless, with a low of -15 C.The sun is expected to continue into Friday, with a high of -2 C.Unfortunately, the clouds are expected to roll in Friday night, with a 30 per cent chance of flurries and a low of -9 C.So far, Saturday looks cloudy with a 70 per cent chance of snow. The high should be around -4 C.More snow is probable for Saturday night, with a low of -9 C.The snow is expected to stop Sunday with a mix of sun and cloud and a high of -6 C.Sunday night temps are expected to plunge to -18 C.And back-to-work Monday is looking clear and “seasonal” with a daytime high of -8 C and a low of -17 C.ALSO IN THE NEWSCohen testimony could deal significant damage to Donald TrumpOttawa airport rail link would cost Transpo $4M annually compared to current bus service