Stand by your pan, as Tammy Wynette never sang.
Firefighters were called to 190 Lees Ave. Thursday morning by reports of smoke on the eighth floor of the building, which was evacuated as a precaution.
Crews found no fire spread from a pot left on resident’s stove.
They cleared the smoke from the building while a colleague issued a reminder via Twitter to turn off cooking appliances when you leave the kitchen.
LEES AVE UPDATE: Crews arrived on 8th floor to find pot left on a stove. No fire spread. Firefighters ventilating smoke. REMINDER: turn off cooking appliances when you leave the kitchen. #lookwhenyoucook #standbyyourpan #ottnews pic.twitter.com/1yP9BFme0S
— Ottawa Fire Services (@OttFire) February 28, 2019